- Graduated in law from the Federal University of Minas Gerais and doing graduate work in tax law at the Brazilian Institute for Tax Studies – IBET.
- President of the Minas Gerais Institute for Tax Law – IMDT. Lecturer and author of several articles on tax law applied to mining activities.
- Professor of Mining Law module in the Course of Mining Law at the Institute of Higher Studies in Law – IAED, partnering with the International Law Center – CEDIN, addressing tax issues related to mining.
- Provides consultancy to mining companies with regard to direct and indirect taxes, industry-specific levies (CFEM and TAH), and foreign trade, with emphasis on the reduction of costs and avoidance of litigation, through the development of studies and opinions, review of procedures, and tax planning.
- Also active in the administrative and judicial tax litigation field, at the fe3deral, state and municipal levels, including with the DNPM. Also provides legal support to activities related to the mining economic group, mainly steelmaking, metallurgy, forestry and electric energy generation.
LATTES PLATFORM CV
Brief comments on Brazilian Mineral Royalty (CFEM) 18 January, 2017 - Law No. 7.990/1989 created the Brazilian Mineral Royalty (CFEM). Check out our brief comments about it.
The Legal 500/2016 9 September, 2016 - Partners William Freire, Tiago de Mattos and Paulo Honório de Castro Júnior are listed among the outstanding market references in this area. The firm is proud to be a part of this ranking. Recognition by the market corroborates our ongoing […]