- Graduated in law from the Federal University of Minas Gerais, and head of the Department of Environmental Law, coordinating the specialist lawyers in this area. Specialization in Environmental and Sustainability Management from the Fundação Getúlio Vargas.
- Member of the Brazilian Institute of Mining Law – IBDM, coordinator of the Research Center for Environmental Law applied to Mining, , assistant director of the department of Environmental Law of the Minas Gerais Lawyer Institute – IAMG.
- Professor of the course of Mining Law in the Institute of Higher Studies in Law – IAED, partnering with the International Law Center – CEDIN, and professor of the graduate course in Environmental Law in the Center of Continued Education in Law – CAD. Author of legal articles and lecturer on environmental law at several events.
- Provides consultancy to mining, steel and forestry enterprises, involving defense in notices of violation of environmental regulations served by environmental agencies at the local, state and federal levels, in civil investigations, as well as in public civil actions, class actions and lawsuits related to environmental issues. Provides consultancy in environmental permitting and environmental compensation processes.
- Provides support in preventive actions focused on reduction of environmental liabilities and risks in mining operations, as well as in the development of due diligence and monitoring of environmental audits.
LATTES PLATFORM CV
Análise Advocacia 500/2016 28 December, 2016 - For the ninth consecutive year, William Freire Advogados Associados is among the most admired law firms in Brazil. We were recognized for the following areas of specialization: Environmental Law, Infrastructure and Regulatory Law, and the firm was also indicated for […]
The Mining Law Review – Edition 4 27 November, 2015 - “The Mining Law Review is designed to be a practical, business-focused ‘year in review’ analysis of recent changes and developments, their effects and a look forward at expected trends. The first part of the book deals with mining in a […]