Important issues are addressed here
CORRECT AND PRECISE LEGAL SOLUTIONS FOR THE PROBLEMS FACED BY THE MINING INDUSTRY IN RECENT YEARS
William Freire Advogados Associados is highly respected for being able to propose optimized and precise legal solutions to the considerable problems that the mining industry has been facing over the past years. The constant quest for better results has allowed the Office to lead the legal planning and representation activities of important institutions and private groups working in Brazil.
- Active participation in civil investigations, public civil actions, administrative defenses and legal actions in highly complex cases
- Global assistance in the development of mining projects by foreign companies
- Support in environmental permit applications by domestic and foreign firms
- Management of environmental crises and negotiations, in major environmental accidents
- Consulting to the largest steel and cement industries in the legal management of their units
- Important integrated due diligence services – analysis of aspects related to mining law, environmental law and mining taxation in an integrated manner
- Support in litigation in large cases involving mining rights.
- Strategic Management of Mineral Assets (GEPM) of industry leaders
- Legal Risk Management related to environmental regulations
- Important involvement in the development and optimization of legal doctrine in mining and environmental law in Brazil
- Effective participation in the discussions related to the mining regulatory framework in Brazil
- Assistance in due diligence and development of complex contracts related to investments, acquisitions, mergers and associations of major players in the mining industry.
In recognition of its experience and excellence in its fields of expertise, William Freire Advogados Associados has achieved even more than the appreciation of its clients
William Freire Advogados Associados was rated by the publication The Legal 500 as one of the best law offices on the international market in the Mining industry, in 2014. Firm partners Dr. William Freire, Dr. Tiago de Mattos and Dr. Paulo Honório de Castro Júnior are among the most highly respected professionals in their field.
The Office is proud to be ranked among the best and shares this honor with its clients.
This traditional British publication is responsible for the identification and annual ranking of the best lawyers in the world, as well as the best law offices, according to the criteria most highly valued by the clients.
The Análise Advocacia 500 annual register is the largest and most relevant Brazilian legal ranking body. And for the seventh year in a row, William Freire Advogados Associados is honored to be present among the most admired firms in environmental law in the 2014 edition.
The survey is carried out among the top legal advisors of the 1500 largest Brazilian companies, who vote on the individuals and offices that they most admire.