- Graduated in Law from the Federal University of Minas Gerais, with graduate studies in Procedural Law at the Catholic University of Minas Gerais and with an LL.M in Socioeconomic and environmental Sustainability from the Federal University of Ouro Preto, Minas Gerais.
- Also studied at the prestigious Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, subordinated to the University of Dundee, Scotland, taking the course in Mining Agreements.
- President of the Brazilian Institute of Mining Law – IBDM, member of the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law foundation – RMMLF, and Associate Director of the Department of Mines and Energy of the Lawyer Institute of Minas Gerais – IAMG.
- Coordinator and professor of the extension course in Mining Law at the Institute of Higher Studies in Law – IAED, in partnership with the Center of International Law – CEDIN and professor of the discipline Mining Agreements in the graduate course in agreements of this same institution.
- Also professor of the graduate course in Environmental Law at the University Center of UNA and Continued Education in Law – CAD, in the discipline Mining Law.
- Author of many legal articles related to mining law, co-author of the books Mining Law Dictionary in English and Portuguese, and one of the organizers and authors of the book on controversial aspects of mining and environmental law – Aspectos Controvertidos do Direito Minerario e Ambiental.
- Has been active for over ten years in the coordination of operations for the purchase and sale of mining assets, conducting proceedings with regulatory agencies, participating in administrative, judicial and arbitration litigation in the mining field, litigation consultancy and practice related to CFEM (royalty tax) and other issues concerning mining taxation, development of legal opinions involving mining law and related issues, and consultancy in environmental licensing for mining projects.
LATTES PLATFORM CV
MINING AND LAW: 8 TIPS FOR YOUNG ATTORNEYS 3 April, 2018 - The article written by Dr. Tiago de Mattos was published by CEPMLP – University of Dundee. See the full article below. Mining ...
Análise Advocacia 500/2016 28 December, 2016 - For the ninth consecutive year, William Freire Advogados Associados is among the most admired law firms in Brazil. We were recognized for ...
CHAMBERS AND PARTNERS LATIN AMERICA 2017 24 October, 2016 - The William Freire Advogados Associados law firm was recognized by Chambers and Partners Latin America 2017, the traditional British publication responsible for ...
The Legal 500/2016 9 September, 2016 - Partners William Freire, Tiago de Mattos and Paulo Honório de Castro Júnior are listed among the outstanding market references in this area. ...
Legal consulting to the mining industry is the specialty of WFAA